Health Savings Account
What is an HSA?
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is a tax-exempt account that is used exclusively for the payment of qualifying medical expenses.
Health care is the number one issue facing many individuals and families in the United States. An HSA from First National Bank offers eligible individuals who participate in a high-deductible health plan, an affordable alternative to the rising costs of health care.
Qualifying Medical Expenses¹
- Chiropractic/Physical Therapy
- Dental & Optical
- Prescription Drugs
- Medical Equipment
- Nursing & Doctor Services
- Alcohol/Drug Treatment
- Prescribed Weight Loss
- Emergency Care
You are eligible for a HSA if the following conditions are met:
- You cannot be claimed as dependent on someone else's tax return.
- You may not be covered by any other health insurance.
- You must not be enrolled in Medicare.
- You must be covered by a qualifying High Deductible Health Plan.
High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) is a plan with a minimum deductible and a maximum out-of pocket expense, both of which are shown below.
| ||Min. Annual Deductible ||Max. Out-Of-Pocket Expense |
|Single-Only Coverage ||$1,250 ||$6,350 |
|Family Coverage ||$2,500 ||$12,700 |
By establishing an HSA and having a High Deductible Health Plan, you are taking healthcare savings back into your own hands to help you make the decisions that are right for you!
First National Bank's HSA Features
The HSA offers individuals and families many benefits, including the ability to keep the money in your account and save towards retirement. Here are some great reasons to open a Health Savings Account with First National Bank:
- Tax Savings
- Tiered interest rates
- Interest paid monthly
- Free Checks
- Debit card available
- Long Term Savings
- Use at the ATM, doctor's office, pharmacy, etc.
- Unlimited Checkwriting
- Free Internet Banking and Online BillPayer Plus
- Ability to check your account balance through Telebank: 1.877.782.9784
- Transfer funds between your accounts
- Portability - Wherever you go, the account follows
- Eligible contributions made to the account are tax deductible
- Your money doesn't expire after a length of time, which allows your account to grow year after year.
- Our HSA is a great way to save towards retirement
Visit with one of our knowledgeable Personal Bankers today for more information.