First National Bank Account Alerts combines event management with immediate electronic notification, so that the moment a specified account event occurs, you can be notified by e-mail, text, push notification or an online message.
We understand that our customers are busy and may forget to call or log in, so let us alert you!
- Would you like to know if your account falls below $100?
- Do you want to receive an alert every time you get a deposit, or when a check or debit card transaction clears your account?
- You can even get a notification when your Certificate of Deposit is getting close to maturity.
Choose Your Alerts
Choose from dozens of account activity alerts such as:
Instantly know when your account balance falls below a certain threshold
Instantly know when a check has cleared your account
Instantly know when a deposit or loan transaction hits your account
Instantly know if your online or mobile banking profile has changed
Delivered the Way You Want
Messages are sent instantly using any of the delivery channels you choose:
Text Messages: One of the easiest ways to receive FNBC Account Alerts is through text messages on your smartphone* or wearable devices.*
Mobile Banking App: Receive push notifications from your phone or device through your FNBC Mobile Banking App.
Email: Receive email messages about your account activity.
Online Banking Message Center: View your FNBC Account Alerts every time you log on to Online Banking.
Let's Get Started!
Stay in touch with your accounts:
Log In to Your Online Banking
- Click on Alerts at the top right of the page
- Go to Contact Options to setup your email address, cell phone, or choose a device that Mobile Banking is installed on for push notifications
- Click Send Activation Code for each contact option and follow the prompts
- Then go to Alert Options and choose the alert template you want!
Log Into Mobile Banking
- Click on More at the bottom right and Alerts under Settings
- Turn on Push Notifications
- Choose the Account or Security Alert template you would like to receive
- And turn on Live Updates to stay informed with the latest Mobile Banking news!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are there fees to use FNBC Account Alerts?
No. However, you should contact your wireless service provider to see if any connectivity or usage rates may apply.
Do I have to be enrolled in Online Banking to use FNBC Account Alerts?
Yes, the online banking browser is where you sign-up.
What if my cell phone becomes lost or stolen?
Call the us immediately so that all online and mobile access can be turned off.